Preparing For Your Wedding Day
There are several steps which will help you plan for the big day:-
- Come to Sunday services and get a feel for All Hallows church
- Come to meet the Vicar, ask any questions, book the date, get the legal matters started
- Come to sort out your order of service, music, hymns, askquestions, meet others
- Come to hear your banns being read
- Come to a short run-through in church the week before
Also, to help you plan for your married life together, small discussion groups
and one-to-one/two preparations are available.
We are happy to provide flowers (to suit your colour scheme), accomplished
musicians and verger. Group photos can be taken in the Vicarage Garden (or in
the church building if wet!)
The seating layout and modern design of the church building make All Hallows
equally suitable for small or large groups of guests and provide a light and
relaxed atmosphere where everyone can have a good view.
The Vicar is a registrar under English law and is thus permitted
to perform marriages. We can also discuss the residency requirements for
those wishing to be married in our Church.
If one or both partners live in another parish, banns will need to be read
there at a cost of around £30. Otherwise, the legal registry side of things
is done for you.
The following Church of England websites contain lots of practical information and may
answer some of the more legal/technical questions you may have about getting married:
And of course please feel free to contact us
directly. We'll be glad to help.